Legitimate Interests and Regulatory Obligations
It is in our legitimate interest/s to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our services and organisation of the McCausland Group of Companies, we will use your information:
- to detect and prevent fraud and crime.
- for data analysis purposes.
- to administer any membership and loyalty scheme.
- for insurance purposes.
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations imposed by the Northern Ireland Assembly, the Driver and Vehicle Agency (Northern Ireland) and any other relevant public authorities legally binding regulations governing the provision of our services.
- to meet customer service requirements and for complaint handling and feedback.
- to monitor and assess the quality of our service.
- to sign you up for our newsletters or alerts.
- to contact you via telephone, email, SMS or via our Apps.
- to identify our users.
- to personalise our services for you, for example, to provide you with an accessible vehicle where you request such a vehicle and in respect of marketing, to send you promotions and offers tailored to your use of the services, for example, discounts on airport bookings where you frequently make airport bookings. Unless you have told us not to, we will continue to send you marketing information relating to products and services that we think will be of interest and relevance to you. If you change your mind and no longer want to these communications, you can tell us at anytime.
- to enforce our terms and conditions.
Technical usage information.
When you visit our Websites or use our Apps, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information includes:
- your IP address;
- device information including, but not limited to, identifier, name, and type of operating system (including versions).
- mobile network information.
- standard web information, such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Websites.
- App usage data including geo-location information
- Hardware models, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers and device motion information.
As it is in our legitimate interests to process your data to provide effective services and useful content to you we collect this information in order to:
- personalise our Websites and Apps to ensure content from our Websites and Apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activity in connection with our Websites, Apps and services and to improve our services.
- administer our Websites and Apps, and for internal operations, in order to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis.
- keep our Websites and Apps safe and secure; or
- measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others.
For more information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
How do we share your personal data?
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others except as described in this Privacy Notice. We share your information with selected recipients. These categories of recipients include:
- cloud storage and storage within physical servers located in the European Union, to store the personal data you provide and for data recovery services, as well as for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- provided you have consented, advertisers and e-marketing companies located in the UK and the Republic of Ireland to select and serve relevant marketing and adverts to you and others.
- IT Services providers that provide us with Software Services service, in particular AutoCab International who provide us with software in respect of the Value Cabs App.
- IT support service providers who support and maintain our Websites and have access at our premises working on a secure server, in particular EOS Systems; and
- Our legal advisors, insurance company and claims handling companies, for the purpose of investigating and settling any insurance claims.
- Entities such as Sagepay, Worldpay, American Express, PayPay and Realex who process payments on our behalf in relation to services provided.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request.
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof.
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where do we store your personal data?
We do not presently store or transfer data outside the EU or EEA. In the event that personal data we collect from will be transferred to, and stored at/processed outside of the EEA, our Privacy Notice will be updated and such transfer and storage will comply with the European Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
The security of your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and third parties who act on our behalf. We will take appropriate measures to secure personal data and protect it from loss or unauthorised disclosure or damage.
However, the transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Websites, Apps, over email or via our contact centres; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification.
We will, from time to time, host links to and from the websites of our affiliates or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to those websites.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact” section below.
How long do we store your personal data?
To determine the retention period of your personal data, we consider several criteria to make sure that we do not keep your personal data for long than is necessary or appropriate. These criteria include:
- the purpose for which we hold your personal data;
- our legal and regulatory obligations in relation to that personal data.
- whether our relationship with you is ongoing including whether have an active account with companies within the McCausland Group.
- whether you are no longer actively participating or engaging with companies within the McCausland Group our brands, for example, you do not open our emails, visit our Websites, or share user generated content.
- any specific requests from you in relation to the deletion of your personal data; and
- our legitimate business interests in relation to managing our own rights, for example the defence of any legal claims or regulatory complaints.
We will retain your information as follows:
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Under the GDPR you have rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. We have summarised your rights below as well as how you can exercise your rights. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access: You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with.
- Correction: You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Portability: Where you have provided your personal data to us under contract, you have the right to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to processing of your personal data, save for storage.
- Objection: In certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal information. You can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
To access, review, correct, update, port, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your personal data Information that has been previously provided to us, please email or write to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contact” section and clearly describe your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal data. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Note that despite our efforts, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
In addition, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or other applicable data protection supervisory authority.
Objection to Marketing
You have the right to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing communications. If at any time you wish to stop receiving phone, mail, SMS, and/or email marketing communications from us, please just let us know by emailing or writing to us using the contact information listed below in the “Contact” section or by using the unsubscribe feature in the marketing email you received.
Use of Websites, Apps and Social Media Pages by Minors
The Websites, Apps and Social Media Pages are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their personal data without parental consent and we request that other individuals not provide personal information via these services.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at us email@example.com or by post at our registered office address and we will deal with your request as soon as possible.
Any changes we will make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at our registered office.